After pause of a couple of weeks when a last-minute hitch held up deployment, the latest Marketplace update rolled out during week #41, with the Lab blogging about it on Wednesday, October 10th, 2018.
It’s an update that sees a trio of new features added to the MP, all of which have been the subject of numerous requests – wish lists and favourites / follows. The update also includes a number of bug fixes.
For this article, I’m looking purely at the wish list and favourites options:
- Wish lists:
- Add items you’re not ready to buy to your personal wish list.
- Make purchases from your wish list.
- Share your wish list with friends (so they can buy you rez day gifts, etc.).
- Add favourite items to a personal list for easy relocation.
- Make purchases from your list.
- Add favourite products to your wish list.
- Add favourite stores to your list (use them to check on new releases more easily).
- View one of your favourite stores from the list.
Adding Items to Your Wish List and Favourites Lists
Individual items are added to your wish list / favourites list by viewing them in the Marketplace and then click on the Add to Wishlist or Add to Favourites options, located on the right of the item display.
Add A Store to Your Favourites
To add a store to your favourites, open the store’s main page in the Marketplace, and click the Add To Favourite Stores option on the left of the store’s main page.
Viewing Your Favourites
You can view your favourites whilst on the Marketplace by clicking on your account name (top right) to go to your account page, then clicking the My Favourites drop-down, which will display the options: Products (favourites), Stores, Wishlist. The Products page will open by default, but may be blank if you have not selected any favourites.
With these lists:
- Clicking on an item in the Product or Wishlist pages will take you to the Marketplace listing for that item.
- Stores in the stores list will be displayed with up to four of their most recent releases.
- Clicking on a store in the Stores page will (unsurprisingly) take you to the store.
- Listed items / stores can be removed individually or in bulk by clicking on the check box on the left of an item / store and then clicking the delete button.
- Favourite items can be added to your wish list via the Add To Wishlist button on the Product page.
- You can share your wish list with friend using a dedicated URL:
- Click the View and Share Wishlist link at the end of your wish list page.
- This opens a fresh page displaying your wish list.
- Copy the URL in the browser (e.g. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/wishlists/avatar.name) and pass to friends.
- You can view your wish list or list of stores directly using the following URLs:
- Wish list: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/wishlist.
- Stores list: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/favorite_stores.
- Note you must have an active log-in session with the Marketplace for these links to work.