There are no planned deployments for the opening week of 2018. There are currently no DRTSIM projects on Aditi (the beta grid) awaiting promotion to the Main grid, however, there may be new RC deployments for week #2 (commencing Monday, January 8th).
SL Viewer Updates
There have been no SL viewer updates over the holiday period. This leaves the viewer pipeline as per the end of 2017:
- Current Release version 188.8.131.529906, dated November 17th, promoted November 29th – formerly the “Martini” Maintenance RC
- Release channel cohorts:
- Project viewers:
- Obsolete platform viewer version 184.108.40.2060847, May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7. This viewer will remain available for as long as reasonable, but will not be updated with new features or bug fixes.
The following third-party viewers updated over the holiday period:
- Black Dragon updates to version 2.9.6.
- Cool VL viewer updated to version 220.127.116.11 (stable), and 18.104.22.168 (experimental).
- Catznip updated to version R12 on January 2nd, 2018 – see my overview for more.
My weekly viewer release summaries will resume from week #2, 2018.
SL Feature Summit
The next Second Life “feature summit” when potential projects and major updates for SL are considered / reviewed, is due to take place in February 2018. These meetings are generally held around every 6 months.