Server Deployments – Recap
As always, please refer to the server deployment thread for the latest updates and information.
- On Tuesday, December 13th, the Main (SLS) channel received the same server maintenance package, as deployed to the RC channels in week #49. This includes the following feature requests: BUG-6377 – llGetObjectDetails(id,[OBJECT_ATTACHED_SLOTS_AVAILABLE]) and BUG-40871 – llGetEnv() constant “region_object_bonus”.
- On Wednesday, December 14th, all three RC channels received the same new server maintenance package, comprising improved internal server logging.
The official viewers list remains unchanged from earlier in the week:
- Current release viewer, version 188.8.131.521958, dated December 1, promoted December 5 – formerly the Project Bento RC viewer download page, release notes
- Maintenance RC viewer, version 184.108.40.2062219, dated December 9th
- 360-degree snapshot viewer, version 220.127.116.111712, dated November 23rd.
- Obsolete platform viewer, version 18.104.22.1680847, dated May 8th, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
No Change Window
A reminder that the end-of-year No Change window comes into effect from Friday, December 16th. There will be no further planned server deployments or official viewer promotions after that date, through until Monday, January 2nd, 2017.
Content Creation User Group
On Thursday, December 15th, the Project Bento User Group officially morphed into the Content Creators User Group (thus in a way also now standing as a revamp of Nyx Linden’s old group).
Meetings will continue to take place at 13:00 SLT on Thursdays, at the Hippotropolis camp fire circle, with the exceptions of Thursday, December 29th and Thursday, January 5th. Anything related to Bento remains on topic for the group, but things of general interest to content creators are also open for discussion.
New Bento Issues
Bento is generating considerable interest among users – as witnessed by the release of Firestorm 5.0.1, when demand overwhelmed the Firestorm servers, and additional mirror services had to be set-up, with assistance from the Lab in doing so. However, some further issues have been identified as a result of Bento reaching a broader audience:
- BUG-41063 – [Bento] Some Fitted Mesh No Longer Fits on Bento Avatars
- BUG-41048 – [Bento] When wearing some Bento content, all walking animations freeze
The first of these bugs has been accepted by the Lab and is being investigated. The second appears to be most notably related to animations using the Bento wing bones, which appear to be overriding animation walks, causing an avatar to slide along the ground, rather than walking.
The issue particularly seems to impact walk animation using the llSetAnimationOverride capability, while older ZHAO systems (which tend to use the llPlayAnimation capability, appear to be unaffected. This may be due to the manner in which the latter handle start / stop animations calls, which is successfully preventing the issue manifesting with them.
The underlying cause is thought to be a possible animation priority setting / conflict or possibly the result of the wing bone animations having bone positions being set for all other, but not rotation data – but further investigation is required. Vir has taken samples of items which can cause the issue (again, notably, but not necessarily limited to, wings), and is going to have a poke at them to see if he can see what is going on.
Elsewhere, creators are waiting on Avastar to update, and Damien Fate has a rather neat HUD to help animate Bento hands and fingers. It’s unlisted, so I’m linking to it, rather than sharing it via embedding.
The new Linden Lab portal parks have a LI capacity of 45,000 (with thanks to Cube Republic and Arton Rotaru for the pointers).