Updates for the week ending Sunday, December 3rd
This summary is published every Monday, and is a list of SL viewer / client releases (official and TPV) made during the previous week. When reading it, please note:
- It is based on my Current Viewer Releases Page, a list of all Second Life viewers and clients that are in popular use (and of which I am aware), and which are recognised as adhering to the TPV Policy. This page includes comprehensive links to download pages, blog notes, release notes, etc., as well as links to any / all reviews of specific viewers / clients made within this blog
- By its nature, this summary presented here will always be in arrears, please refer to the Current Viewer Release Page for more up-to-date information.
Official LL Viewers
- Current Release version: 18.104.22.1681518, dated November 10, promoted November 15 – formerly the Maintenance RC viewer download page, release notes.
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Project Bento RC (avatar skeleton extensions), updated to version 22.214.171.1241958 on December 1 – primarily as a further fix for a rendering bug related to bad skin weights in some mesh avatars. (download and release notes)
- Maintenance RC viewer, version 126.96.36.1991792 released on November 30– some 42 fixes and improvements (download and release notes)
- Project viewers:
- No updates.
LL Viewer Resources
- SL Alternate Viewers wiki page – LL
- Viewer Source Repositories wiki page – LL
- Test Builds wiki page – LL
- Supported Viewers wiki page – LL
- Starlight alternative viewer skins page (not officially supported by LL)
- Viewer release process overview – this blog
- SL Viewer updates and reviews in this blog
- Restrained Love Viewer updated to version 188.8.131.52 on December 1st – bug hotfix (release notes).
- Koukua updated to version 184.108.40.20600 on November 28th (release notes)
- Cool VL viewer Stable branch updated to version 220.127.116.11 and the Experimental branch updated to version 18.104.22.168, both on December 3rd (release notes).
Mobile / Other Clients
- Radegast updated to version 2.20 on November 30th – featuring a new voice installer linking to most recent SL Voice repository. Note that as there is currently no access to the Radegast website, this update is not listed there (blog post, download link, source code link).