The 2016 OpenSimulator Community Conference (OSCC) will take place on Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th December 2016.
An annual conference that focuses on the developer and user community creating the OpenSimulator software. Organised as a joint production by Core Developers of OpenSimulator and AvaCon, Inc., and sponsored by the University of California, Irvine, Institute for Virtual Environments and Computer Games, the conference features a day of presentations, panels, keynote sessions, and social events across diverse sectors of the OpenSimulator user base.
Call for Proposals
The Conference for 2016 will feature a series of dynamic short presentations and panels that spotlight the best of the OpenSimulator platform and community, and a Call for Proposals has been issued to individuals or groups who are shaping the Metaverse.
The focus for the 2016 event is the visions for the future and the evolution of the platform, with 20-minute sessions available for speakers, while community-sponsored tours, content give-aways and Hypergrid explorations take attendees to far away places. The organisers encourage presentations that span current innovations and activities, performance artistry, educational simulations, innovative business cases or have a publication or track record of real world use.
Those wishing to participate directly in the conference as speakers can do so via the following tracks:
The key dates for proposals are:
- October 9th, 2016 11:59 PST: Deadline for proposals
- October 23rd, 2016: acceptance details e-mails will be dispatched by the conference organisers to accepted speakers
- October 30th, 2016: accepted speakers must register for the conference in order to be included in the conference schedule and the programme
- November 19th, 2016: presenter Orientation & Training sessions to prepare speakers for the conference and to set-up Presenter Booths. Any custom content, props, and audio-visuals must be submitted to be included in the conference programme.
- December 10th – 11th, 2016: 2016 OpenSimulator Community Conference
- December 11th, 2016 – OSCC Hypergrid tour and other community events.
Community Social Events
A key part of OSCC is the social events held in the run-up to, and around the dates of, the conference itself. Those interested in running / hosting a social event should complete the Community Events Sign-up page. There will also be limited available space on the OSCC conference grid for those who would like to host an OSCC meet-up or an after conference event on Sunday, December 11th. Please contact the conference organisers. with any questions.
The conference needs volunteers to help in a range of activities:
- Greeters / audience assistances
- Social Media / Communications
- Streaming and Technical Support
Those interested in volunteering can do so via the Volunteer Sign-up form, Depending upon interests, volunteers can select more than one role if they wish.
About the Conference
The OpenSimulator Community Conference is an annual conference that focuses on the developer and user community creating the OpenSimulator software. The conference is a joint production by Core Developers of OpenSimulator and AvaCon, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the growth, enhancement, and development of the metaverse, virtual worlds, augmented reality, and 3D immersive and virtual spaces. The conference features a day of presentations, panels, keynote sessions, and social events across diverse sectors of the OpenSimulator user base.