It’s once again a light start to the week.
As always, please refer to the server deployment thread for updates or changes.
- There was no deployment to the Main (SLS) channel On Tuesday, September 27th.
- On Wednesday September 28th, all three RC channels should receive the same new server maintenance package, which includes a fix for BUG-40565, introduced as a result of the deployment of the week #38 server maintenance package.
Unless something untoward has happened with the latest RC version, it is anticipated the VLC Media Plug-in viewer will be promoted to de facto release status this week. A new maintenance RC is also anticipated. In the meantime, the current batch of official viewers remains unchanged from week #38:
- Current Release version: 184.108.40.2069463 (dated September 9), promoted September 15 – formerly the Visual Outfit Browser RC viewer
- Release channel cohorts (please see my notes on manually installing RC viewer versions if you wish to install any release candidate(s) yourself):
- Obsolete platform viewer version 220.127.116.110847, dated May 8, 2015 – provided for users on Windows XP and OS X versions below 10.7.
Experience Scripted Sits
As per my blog post of September 23rd, Rider Linden is working on a new scripted sit capability for Experiences. The new LSL functions form Project Espeon (after the Pokémon character), and Rider has produced a proposal document on the new functionality, which can be read in PDF format. The capability can also be tested on ADITI (the beta grid) in the following regions: Leafeon or Umbreon or Sylveon, with test content is available on Leafeon. If anyone testing them has suggestions or feedback, please raise a JIRA against Project Espeon.