Team Diabetes of Second Life has announced The Red Gallery, a new art venue focused on raising money for the American Diabetes Association (ADA), for whom Team Diabetes of Second Life are the official and authorised in-world fund-raising team.
The idea for the gallery is to allow artists to display and sell their work, splitting the proceeds of any sales with Team Diabetes of SL, who will in turn donate the proceeds to the ADA.
The new gallery will be opening in the near future, but applications are now being accepted from artists wishing to participate in exhibitions rounds (lasting around 2 months apiece) at the gallery. If you are interested in supporting the ADA and Team Diabetes of Second Life in this way, please read the guidelines below and complete the official application form.
- All artists and artwork must follow the Second Life Terms of Service and Community Guidelines
- All displayed art must be the artist’s own intellectual property
- All artwork must be in keep with the Second Life moderate / mature rating; adult themed artwork is not allowed
- All items offered for sale must use the Team Diabetes split profit script
- Artists may register for multiple rounds, but must change the artwork they place on display for each round.
- When displaying work:
- All artists are allotted 10 LI
- Artists must group the designated Team Diabetes group to rez their work
- No auto group joiners, particle makers, temp rezzers, or chat spammers or hover text allowed within the gallery spaces, but touch group joiners are permitted
- No donation kiosks or charity info for any other charity but Team Diabetes of Second Life
- All items should be removed at the end of an artist’s assigned round(s), or will be returned. Team Diabetes of Second Life cannot be held responsible for the condition of returned items in the latter case.
Further information on exhibitions, etc., will be made available to artists who apply, and publicly announced in due course through the Team Diabetes website – and I’ll of course be carrying the information in these pages as well.
About the American Diabetes Association
Established in 1940, the American Diabetes Association is working to both prevent and cure diabetes in all it forms, and to help improve the lives of all those affected by diabetes. It does this by providing objective and credible information and resources about diabetes to communities, and funding research into ways and means of both managing and curing the illness. In addition, the Association gives voice to those denied their rights as a consequence of being affected by diabetes.
About Team Diabetes of Second life
Team Diabetes of Second Life is an official and authorised fund-raiser for the American Diabetes Association in Second Life. Established with the aim of raising funds in support of diabetes treatment and to raise awareness of the disease in SL, Team Diabetes of Second Life was founded by Jessi2009 Warrhol and John Brianna (Johannes1977 Resident), and is served by an advisory board comprising Eleseren Brianna, Veruca Tammas, Sandie Loxingly, Rob Fenwitch, Earth Nirvana and Dawnbeam Dreamscape, with Saiyge Lotus serving as a special advisor.