The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in SL (MSABC) team have announced the next major event in this year’s calendar of activities: the first MSABC Walk.
Scheduled to take place on Sunday, October 26th, the MSABC Walk will be an all-day event, kicking-off a 09:00 SLT, with a series of themed laps around the Making Strides Walk regions, adjacent to the American Cancer Society island, and culminating in a special Pink Power Time Machine Special event with Trader1 Whiplash, starting at 17:00 SLT and running through until 19:00.
The walk will see hourly themes throughout the day, and SL residents are invited to pop along and participate for as long as they like, and show support for MSABC and the American Cancer Society with their donations.
The full schedule will be as follows, remember all times SLT, 24-hour clock notation, as usual!
- 09:00-10:00 – T1 Radio
- 10:00-11:00 – Opening Ceremony
- 11:00-12:00 – Survivor & Caregiver Hour
- 12:00-13:00 – Boot It Up Hour: wear your favorite boots as you walk around the Stride’s path
- 13:00-14:00 – International Spirit Hour: wave your country’s flag as you walk around the Stride’s path
- 14:00-15:00 – Hat’s Aplenty Hour: stride the path in your favourite hat
- 15:00-16:00 – Let’s Get Hopping Hour: grab a hopper and bounce your way around the path
- 16:00-17:00 – Remembrance Ceremony: remembering those who lost their fight against breast cancer
- 17:00-19:00 – Time Machine Special: it’s back to the 1960’s with DJ Trader1 Whiplash!
I’ll have more on this event later in the week. for now – mark the date in your diary!
About Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer or MSABC is the largest network of breast cancer awareness events in the United States, uniting more than 300 communities across the country. Every breast cancer walk run during the MSABC’s season is seen as an incredible and inspiring opportunity to honour those who have battled breast cancer, raise awareness on how the risk of breast cancer can be reduced, and to raise money to help the American Cancer Society fight the disease with research, information, services and access to mammograms for women who need them.
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer across Second Life website
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer website
- American Cancer Society