Paradise Lost: The story of Adam and Eve’s original sin, the stunning production by the Basilique Performing Arts company, which ran from April through June in its first season run will be returning in August for a second season, commencing August 2nd, 2014.
Paradise Lost is a stunning production, which sets John Milton’s epic blank verse poem Paradise Lost to dance and the music of the Süssmayr completion of Mozart’s Requiem in D Minor. All performances will commence at 13:30 SLT on the following alternate Saturdays and Sundays through August to October:
- August: Saturday 2nd, 16th and 30th; Sunday 10th and 24th
- September: Saturday 21st; Sunday 7th
- October: Saturday October 11th and 25th; Sunday October 5th and 19th.
I was privileged, along with a number of other bloggers, to be able to preview the production ahead of the first season run. I also had the opportunity to join the creative team behind the production, Canary Beck and Harvey Crabsticks, in conversation about the production’s genesis and technical aspects. So I can say hand-on-heart that my description of the production as “an outstanding masterpiece of performance art in SL” is no exaggeration; Paradise Lost is truly an extraordinary piece, one not to be missed.
So, if you didn’t manage to see the production during its inaugural season, I strongly encourage you to set aside one of the dates listed above and get your ticket(s) now, particularly as, if the original run is anything to go by, they are liable to sell out fast.
- Paradise Lost returns for a Second Season: Tickets on Sale now – Canary Beck
- Paradise Lost ticket sales – SL Marketplace
- Paradise Lost: an outstanding masterpiece of performance art in SL – this blog