As always, please refer to the server deployment thread for the latest news and information.
Main (SLS) Channel
On Tuesday July 8th, the Main channel was updated with the server maintenance project that was previously on BlueSteel and LeTigre. This project adds the ability for LSL functions to view and modify the render materials (normal map, specular map, and diffuse texture alpha mode) properties on prims, via new prim parameters – release notes.
Release Candidate (RC) Channels
On Wednesday July 9th, the three release candidate channels should be updated as follows:
- BlueSteel and LeTigre should receive the same new server maintenance update. This project addresses some miscellaneous bugs, and improves L$ transaction logging for payments made by scripted objects.
- Magnum remains on the Experience Tools project, and receives the same updates as the Main channel, so LSL support for materials will be grid-wide following the deployment.
On Tuesday July 8th, the Snowstorm RC viewer, version 188.8.131.521465 was promoted to the de facto release viewer. The viewer includes multiple contributed updates from the SL open source community, including (but not limited to):
- Allow setting of default permissions on creation of objects, clothing, scripts, notecards, etc.
- Obtain LSL syntax table from simulator so that it is always up to date
- Restore particle debug display
- Improve loading of Group member list
- Region restart sound alerts play only locally.
- Restore RenderSpecularExponent.
Windows XP users please note: with this release, you must have either Service Pack 3 (Windows XP 32-bit) or Service Pack 2 (Windows XP 64-bit) installed on your system in order to install this and future versions of the SL viewer – see the release notes. Please also note that no Windows XP operating systems are supported by Linden Lab.
Experience Keys (Tools)
There was a Q&A session at the simulator User Group meeting on Tuesday July 8th with Dolphin Linden, to discuss the Experience Keys (Tools) project. For ease of reference, I’ve included notes from that session in a separate report.