In all, 20 plots will be given away to suitable proposals, as selected by the BURN2 Art Team jury.
Plots will be scattered across the BURN2 regions, and comprise five 2048 sq metre parcels and 15 1024 sq metre parcels.
Anyone can apply for a Juried Plot, from newbie builders to seasoned, well-known artists. The Art Team jury will select the winners, judging applicants on artistic merit and build interactiveness.
Key Dates and Requirements
- Applications for juried plots close on August 16th, 2013
- Juried selections announced on September 1st, 2013
- Building starts on September 17th, 2013
- Building/placement ends on 12th October, 2013
- BURN2 opens on October 19th, 2013
- BURN2 ends on October 27th, 2013.
The theme for this year’s even is “Cargo Cult”, although there is no requirement to build to this theme. Builders are, however, required to adhere to the Ten Principals of Burning Man and BURN2, the BURN2 Builder Guidelines, and the Second Life Terms of Service and Community Standards.
To apply for a juried plot, please complete the application form on the BURN2 website.