Don’t forget that Magic Box retirement commences today. As per a recent announcement from Linden Lab, from April 2nd:
- Merchants will no longer be able to list unlimited-quantity items for L$10 or less using Magic Boxes.
- Any active, unlimited-quantity listings for L$10 or less using Magic Boxes will be unlisted.
Therefore, if you are selling items at L$10 or less, and haven’t already migrated them to Direct Delivery – you’ll need to set aside time ASAP or risk seeing them unlisted as from April 3rd.
To assist with migration, the Lab has a Direct Delivery Migration FAQ. Also, for those who have experienced specific issues with DD in the past, the Lab has re-issued the Merchant Outbox project viewer with some fixes which should overcome any issues previously experienced.
Additionally, merchants should again note that from April 16th:
- Merchants will no longer be able to list unlimited-quantity items using Magic Boxes, regardless of price.
- Any remaining active, unlimited-quantity listings using Magic Boxes will be unlisted, regardless of price.
As per the original announcement:
- Limited-quantity items (i.e. those to items to which the merchant does not have rights to copy – such as breedables) can continue to use Magic Boxes for the time being
- There is still no confirmed date by which limited-quantity items must be migrated to Direct Delivery, and the Lab is still intending to present merchants with a 30-day lead time for migration once the date has been set.
- LL Magic Box retirement notification
- LL Direct Delivery Migration FAQ
- Merchant Outbox project viewer
- My notes on DD migration and the follow-up
With thanks to Ciaran Laval for the reminder